Your Professional WordSmiths
Kimberly Smith Ashley founded KM Smith Writes in 2010 with the belief that independent editing and writing services should be of the highest publishing quality delivered with personalized attention at affordable rates. As a professional writer and editor, Kimberly stresses the cultivation of long-term writer-editor relationships in a creative, uplifting environment. She has won multiple RPLA awards with the Florida Writer’s Association and coauthored books with clients that have garnered national attention.
In 2014, she expanded her business to include services from other talented writers and editors. KM Smith Writes has evolved to provide a team approach to editing full-scale writing projects. Clients find that this editorial-team approach brings a level of editing expected from larger professional publishing houses and self-publishing companies. At the heart of the agency, however, is the personal writer-editor relationship that writers often find missing in corporate editing structures.
Building on the success of this unique team approach, the KM Smith Writes editors started a new venture in 2018, The Editor Garden. The Editor Garden combines professional services with a supportive sense of community. Our Four-Stage Flourish Process encompasses the entirety of book development while supporting the writer’s creative spirit at every stage. Learn more about our story, our vision, and our services.
The KM Smith Writes portfolio includes a wide range of genres:
- Adult fiction (literary, upmarket and genre)
- Children’s fiction (young adult, middle grade and early readers)
- Spiritual/religious nonfiction
- Memoir (coaching, editing and ghostwriting)
- Marketing and branding books
- Business copywriting
- Online content writing and editing
- Website writing and rewriting
- Poetry collections
- Academic editing
- Personal and medical residency statements
The KM Smith Writes Commitment:
- I will consider your work as important as my own.
- I will value your time and opinion.
- I will honor your unique voice and style.
- I will help you find solutions to writing and editing problems.
- I will ensure your writing project meets high-quality publishing standards.
Conception, expression, production: these are the great joys of the writing process.
Let me serve as your professional writer and editor!
Writer/Editor Resources List
- The Chicago Manual of Style (16th edition)
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th edition)
- AMA Manual of Style (10th edition)
- MLA Handbook of Writers for Research Paper (8th edition)
- The Copyeditor’s Handbook (2nd edition)
- Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary (11th edition)